Sunday, June 2, 2013

Speaking of Growing Taller...

...well, I spoke of Lizzie growing taller two blog posts ago...

Matthew's growth spurts are usually preceded by a couple of weeks of insane hunger and eating, and this last growth spurt was no exception.  I measured him two weeks ago and he'd barely grown since the end of February.  But then, over the past two weeks, it seems like I have been spending most of my time feeding the boy.  Ten minutes after finishing breakfast, he would tell me that his stomach hurt and that he was nauseated from being so hungry and I would peel yet another orange for him or put another two pieces of bread into the toaster.  One morning he ate five pieces of peanut butter toast along with two glasses of milk and a couple of oranges.  He was "starving" ten minutes later.  Fifteen minutes later, the same thing all over again...and on and on throughout the day and for two weeks straight.

Friday, almost instantaneously, the intense hunger stopped and things went back to normal.  Yesterday, Saturday, I looked at him in the morning and knew that he'd grown overnight.  When I measured him this morning, he had grown just a hair less than a full inch.  Amazing how kids' bodies work!

1 comment: