Friday, February 5, 2010

AAAHHH!!

I'm excited...can you tell?????!!!!

One of the families ahead of us on the list waiting for a sibling referral has received their referral (for a 5.5 year old boy and a 3.5 year old girl).  No, it's not our referral yet, but any sibling referral these days gets a huge shout of jubilation.  This is the second sib referral since the new Imagine began giving out referrals in December (in comparison to at least a dozen singleton referrals).

I'm particularly excited because, although we are now #7 on the list for referrals (doesn't #7 sound better than #8?), yesterday's referral puts us in a good position.  Of the families still ahead of us on the list, none is open to children who are four years old...but we are.  This means that if siblings become available where at least one is four years old, we would be next in line to receive that referral.  That is an exciting prospect.  Frankly, regardless of the fact that our age range is broader than some of the other waiting families, it's just hugely thrilling to know that another family waiting longer than us can now be crossed off of the list.  This is a day for lots of hip-hip-hoorays!

8 comments:

  1. HI Ruth,

    Soooooooo exciting,

    I first thought of you when I read the exciting news on yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

    I was thinking to myself , wake-up Ruth , wake-up
    You are going to be so happy when you get on -line today ! So my day started with a chant , I knew once you where up , you would turn on the computer ( I am assuming you are as bad as me )

    So congrats on moving one big step closer .

    I wonder how you are feeling not knowing........

    It could be a long time or the phone could ring today aghhhhhhhhhh as exciting as this is. I am sure it is just as scary .

    Thinking of you
    Shannon

    who cant wait till this day moves on and we get the next update from Imagine

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Shannon -
    how sweet are you!!

    I confess that I knew about the sib referral yesterday already (Debbie was kind enough to email me the news), and I've been checking the board non stop so that once she had publicized the news, I could post this blog entry - which I actually wrote yesterday, hoping I could post it today!!! How fun is that?

    It's a very odd feeling, knowing that we could be waiting months and months yet, or that we could receive a call any day. Oh, sigh, I can hardly wait!!

    Have a great day Shannon!!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! I know how you feel! We are #143, but really, there are only 3 or so families ahead of us that want a girl up to 3.5!!!

    Fingers crossed for you! Claire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Ruth!!! That is AWESOME news! You very well might be NEXT!! I think it is very logical to assume that they would have more siblings needing a home where one is at least four years old. That's just super news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Keeping my fingers crossed for you as you move up the sibling referral list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly how excited you are! I was getting a bit discourage with the lack of referrals for siblings. My husband tells me I'll make myself crazy checking the board every day (and he's right!), but yesterday, I thought... Ok, I'll just check quick in the morning, and woo hoo, made my day!! I'm happy to take your #8 spot! Have a great day... A

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really out of the loop when it comes to Imagine referrals these days but this is just awesome news!!! You moved up! It's getting closer!!! Number seven is a great number...can't wait to hear your news later this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ruth i am so excited for you! it is truly wonderful news. the sib referrals have seemed to be so much slower in coming, and what excitement to read that on the forum. now to realize how close you are...wow!! can't wait to hear. darci :)

    ReplyDelete