Friday, March 15, 2013

Friendship and Fairies

As I write this post, my oldest child has a friend over for the evening.  During dinner, one of the topics that the boys talked about was 'coolness.'  They talked about the clothing and attitudes and manner of walking that made a guy cool, and they shared various experiences of encountering cool guys.

But I'm betting that one of the things that didn't weigh in to their thoughts on the subject was what cool guys think of fairies.  Yes, fairies.

You see, the boys right now are giggling and 'ooohing' and 'ahhing' over the Barbie movie that they're watching, a movie they hand-picked, called "Barbie Fairytopia: The Magic of the Rainbow."

I took a picture of them watching the flying fairies on the tv, so that I have something to show Matthew later on in life when he denies this ever happened!

Ahh, I so don't want the innocence of this part of their lives to disappear.


No comments:

Post a Comment