Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Can You Guess How Geoff and I Spent Sunday Evening??

Here are a few clues...can you figure out where we went...just us and about 50,000 other people?

(below)
Geoff, in the field, as the stands around us are filing up.

(below)
This event was so big that three planes flew overhead (repeatedly) to mark the occasion!

(below)
Can you guess yet, with that monstrosity of a stage?

(below)
Here is the man himself on the giant screen over the stage...Bono...and U2!!


(below)
It was an amazing performance!


(below)
Bono with the ever-present 'The Edge' (left)

(below)
We purchased field tickets because they were the least expensive tickets available six months ago, but aside from having to stand for five hours (not great for someone with left foot issues!), we had one of the best views in the house.








I've been a U2 fan for decades and when it was announced that they were coming to Winnipeg, it took me virtually no time to decide that this was a concert I'd like to go to.  I've been to only a handful of concerts in my life, and this was well worth it!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome!! :) We saw them in Vancouver just a few weeks before Owen arrived in ours lives - LOVED it! U2 has been my favorite band as long as I can remember. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....you did have a good spot...great pics!! Love Bono!

    Steph :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Were you ever close- what a great view you had:). We were just above the stage, 1st row in the upper deck, which ended up being great seats as well - neat birds eye view of everything. I admit to being more than a little nervous as the entire balcony bounced along to the music. It was pretty crazy. Loved the night!

    ReplyDelete