Two years is a long, long time.
- It so happens that it comprises exactly 4.65% of my life thus far; if one takes into account the beginning of our adoption journey eight years ago, we have been waiting for 18.7% of my life for these children. Almost 20% of my life to date has been taken up with waiting for my family to be completed. That's astonishing!
- Two years is longer than someone who has been sentenced to a two-years-less-a-day prison sentence for a non-felony offence. I'm ready to get out of my prison, quite frankly, and start getting on with life...with family complete.
- Two years is long enough for some families (including a few that I know) to experience two pregnancies and two children.
- Two years is a longer time, even, than the twenty-two month gestational period of an elephant. While on some days I feel about the same size as that behemoth, I nonetheless never expected to be expecting my children for longer than an elephant.
Others waiting for siblings have survived the passing of the two-year mark...so too shall I...somehow. I'm just not quite sure how.
* Thanks so much for the supportive comments guys - it helps. And Shannon, what I would give for you to be right, that we've been matched with children already and are just waiting for paperwork! If I find out that you're right, I'm going to buy you a gift!!