Thursday, May 1, 2014

Cool Shoes

Moments ago, as Lizzie prepared to join her brothers in the backyard, she grunted with frustration and said that she hated having to tie her running shoes because it took too long.

"Why not wear your crocs then?" I asked.  "You can just slip them on."

"Mommy," she said in disgust.  I'm sure I saw eyes rolling.  "My running shoes are much cooler than my crocs."

I looked at my little daughter:  Naked from the waist up; hair in a messy pony tail; wearing tattered long johns on the bottom; but wearing the oh-so-important "cool" running shoes.  She was grinning from ear to ear, hardly able to wait another moment to join her brothers on the swings.

"Well that's true," I said with a smile.  "Maybe it's worth that extra second or two then."


No comments:

Post a Comment