Monday, July 8, 2013

A Little Helper and One Thing Crossed Off of the To-Do List

I've been wanting, for a while, to clean out the cupboard that holds a wide range of coffees, teas, hot chocolates and miscellaneous things such as measuring cups, scales, and so on.  Lizzie really wanted to help me with this little project and she cleared and cleaned out all of the shelves by herself...with me hovering about watching and helping with little bits.  I then organized the contents to go back onto the shelves and she did most of that work, too.  She loves this kind of helping, where there's a beginning and an end point, the opportunity to wear an apron, and just a wee bit of cleaning...and I love doing these kinds of things with her!  Win-win, I figure.

(below)
Lizzie tackling the bottom shelf, clearing and cleaning it out.  It's too bad that I forgot to take a picture of the finished cupboard, because it looks way better!

1 comment:

  1. Such a wonderful mommy- daughter thing to do. Her smile says "this is fun!"

    ReplyDelete