Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Different Kind of Start to the Day

Seth woke up at 9:24 this morning...the latest he's ever slept by a few hours!  Granted he went to bed an hour late last night (9:00 instead of the usual 8:00) but he does every Wednesday night.  I have no idea what prompted this, but it was rather strange and lovely seeing him all groggy and rumply and bleary-eyed just after waking up - usually he's up and dressed, with bed made, before I am up and at the day...and I'm not one to sleep in past 7:00 very often.

I almost named this post The Morning Hell Froze Over - that's how shocking it was for Seth to sleep in like this.  I kept checking on him to see if he was breathing and was reminded of the first time Matthew slept through the night as an infant and I was anxious and pacing and checking on him constantly as he dreamt the world away for thirteen solid hours!

At any rate, Matthew slept in too, this morning, and so Lizzie and I had a couple of hours to spend showering and washing and combing through hair.  It was a lovely surprise start to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment