Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A Few Recent Random Photos

This was taken a few weeks ago, just before the kids' first gym class of the season.  This is the first time Lizzie has been old enough to participate and she loves it!!

(below)
There are times when my kids show signs of needing to eat/snack all day long.  During those weeks, I prepare something like this container - two 'cups' for each kid.  Each of them has a cup of fresh fruit; the other cup holds veggies and a tiny container of crunchy stuff (crackers, nuts, usually 2-3 little chocolates).  I put the container on the table and they're free to eat from it at any time throughout the day.  About an hour before dinner, I take it away so that they're still hungry for supper.  It's worked really, really well, especially to help my littler ones, who  have the greatest potential for food issues given their history.

(below)
A lunch with friends at McD's.

(below)
A few weeks ago, we had a sudden hail storm...of course the kids had to go outside and experience it.  Note Seth and Lizzie eating the hail!
(below)
The treat Geoff brought me a couple of weeks ago from London, where he was traveling for work.



(below)
Me and one of my little darlin's


3 comments:

  1. I love your food idea-we've got some food issues here and I think that is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And are the muffins in the middle Mommy's and Daddy's? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha. No, the muffins in the middle are also for the kids...the middle container usually has something like that in it...which I don't want to get wet by putting them in with the fruits and veggies. The muffins are often the first things to disappear!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete