Monday, July 2, 2012

The Funny Things They Say.

Seth, this morning:  "Mommy, may I please have pop to drink...be flexible!"

Now, that might not seem remarkable a statement in most households, but it is in ours.  I laughed and laughed.  My dear child, who is plagued by memory glitches when it comes to language, remembered a word that I'd taught him a month or so back because he was so stressed whenever a rule might get changed or an exception made.  Not only did he remember the word this morning (amazing enough!), but he was able to use it (against me) in exactly the right meaning.  Of course, the answer to his question was still a resounding no, but oh it was a good feeling to laugh about that one.

Lizzie, yesterday afternoon to Geoff when he was doing something she didn't care for:  "Daddy, do not do that!  I will not be very happy about that."  She accompanied her edict with a finger waggle in his face.  Honest, I don't use my finger to reprimand...I don't know where she got that one.  But her tone of reprimand when indicating she wouldn't be happy was unmistakeable!

Yikes...sometimes teaching a new language feels like a double-edged sword!


1 comment:

  1. LOL, I think the finger wiggle is an Ethiopian thing. Taye does it every so often to me.

    ReplyDelete