Friday, October 22, 2010

Pumpkin Time has Returned

A few evenings ago, at Matthew's insistence, he and I carved up this year's Halloween pumpkin.  I've been holding him off for weeks, and finally, this was the night.  He was thrilled!




I love the open mouth of Matthew's concentration as he draws onto the pumpkin the face he wants carved into it.














Matthew's creation:

In the darkness of the kitchen, behold the finished product:

Putting on his most sinister face, in hopes of looking like his pumpkin:

4 comments:

  1. Love the pics of pumpkin carving and the red ivy tracing up the building in St.B, Ruth! Plus, I think I might try the cranberry loaf recipe (with the raisins!). It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pumpkin Matthew, it's VERY scary! Did you toast up the seeds?

    shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Matthew had a lot of fun!!!

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pics! Oh, this is too funny...my name is Ruth as well and I have a son named Matthew too! My Matthew is 15. :-)

    ReplyDelete