Tuesday, October 19, 2010

All Washed Up?

I've been in a bit of a blogging slump lately...as a few of my dear readers have pointed out to me recently...thank you for your emails!  I've been in a writing slump generally, in fact: I haven't been so great at returning emails in the past couple of weeks (my apologies for those affected...my replies are coming soon...I think); I haven't been journaling; I haven't been writing anything, really.  I'm not entirely sure what's up with this.  I know of at least two contributing factors, though.  First, it's just been plain busy around here.  In addition to the usual house-and-life-maintenance stuff, we're into a new h/school routine (more later) and, of course, this past week we've had the flooding and yet-to-be diagnosed water issues in our house.  Also, I've been sleeping a bit more, though the fact that I'm starting to write this blog post at 4:45a.m. seems to refute that statement...but it's true...really.

The past week or two marks one of the few times since I started this blog that I just haven't felt like I had anything to write about.  Moments to blog about haven't jumped out at me, like they usually have on a daily basis.  Furthermore, though I have over twenty posts waiting in draft format, many of which are ready to publish, I just haven't felt like it.  Weird huh?  Am I drying up?  Washed up?  I don't think so, but I'm not so sure.

P.S.  After I published this post, I started shutting my computer down...only to boot it back up again because my head was suddenly full of a few things that I wanted to write/post about.  Just after wondering whether I'm done or not - man, I am weird!  So, watch for it...one of the things I've been thinking a lot about lately is attachment - as it relates to adopted kids and also as it relates to bio kids.  Lots going on in my brain about this, as a result of a parenting course Geoff and I are currently taking.

3 comments:

  1. Look forward to your attachment post(s) - this is the big theme in my mind lately as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth!
    I am looking forward to your new posts! I too am thinking about attachment issues! And a million other things.

    You are certainly not washed up! You just need a well deserved break!

    Hope you get your water problem sorted soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to reading your thoughts on attachment. I seem to have attachment on the brain a lot lately too.

    I know well the blogging, writing slumps that sometimes happen. We are here to read once you start your prolific writing again.

    ReplyDelete