Sunday, September 12, 2010

One, or Two?

In the past few days, many people have asked me whether or not we'll continue to leave our child request open to either a single child or siblings.  The answer is that we will keep our official request (for one or two children) unchanged.  However, we have advised Imagine that we would like to wait for siblings.  If nothing materializes on this front over the next number of months, we'll reconsider...but having tasted once the joy of a sibling referral, we would find it difficult to imagine anything else now.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ruth,

    I am sorry I have been silent here on your awful situation. It's just that I did not and still can't find the words to say how sorry I am that this has happened to you. It is one of those 'adoption nightmare scenarios' that I dream of, and here, it has happened to a friend. You have been in my heart everyday since you shared your sad news. I just didn't know what to say. I am so sorry. I really hope you get a referral of the children meant to be yours.
    Love to you, Geoff and Matthew,

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Claire. I totally get that it's hard to know what to say...I don't even know what to say! Please, don't worry about it.
    I thank you for your thoughts and love and best wishes...I'll take them all!

    Hugs,

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you decided to tell Imagine that you would like to wait for siblings. I am praying for the siblings that were briefly yours and the ones who are already yours, but you just don't know about them yet. God knows about them and has been planning your family and theirs.

    Still hurting for you, praying for you, and wishing things were different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One or two , one or two ??????

    Oh Ruth I wish this was easier.

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete