Friday, February 6, 2015

THE Best Way to Inspire your Kids to WANT to do Laundry...

...arrange for your old washer and/or drier to break down.

...purchase a new set of appliances for the laundry room...preferably with clear, see-through doors.

...wait for the kids to bring their laundry down in huge piles and beg, yes beg, to be able to do their own laundry, just so they can watch the ongoings in the washer.

Who am I to refuse such heart felt pleas??!

It's 8:20 Friday morning and breakfast is long done and we would normally be settled into our library by now, with me reading out loud.

Instead, the kids begged to be able to do their own laundry with the new washer/drier and I agreed to Matthew's request.  He loaded his dirty clothes in, measured the soap into the dispenser, figured out all of the settings, and pressed start.  Twenty-five minutes later, all three kids have barely moved from their negotiated places looking down into the washing machine through its clear lid.  Every time the washer changes from one cycle to another, I hear a shriek of something incredulous as the kids cry out with wonder.

I'm beginning to think that there is truly something odd about my children.

Of course, this new laundry obsession may also be the result of us being on a self-imposed tv hiatus for the past several weeks.

But either way, I'm telling you, if you want your kids to learn how to do their own laundry, see steps noted above!

In the meantime, I've made myself a cup of ginger tea and am putting my feet up while writing on my blog.

I'm thinking that the new drier might also prove fascinating about twenty minutes from now.


No comments:

Post a Comment