The bad news first: We do not yet have the needed Mowa/Ministry letter. Imagine's Ethiopia rep attended court on our behalf this morning and the judge said that we do not yet have the necessary support letter.
But...and here's the promising news...
The judge did not set another court date for us, which would have been another four or six weeks away from now. Instead, she's just waiting for the mowa letter before issuing the adoption order. It sounds like it's a fait accompli (I sure hope I'm using those words correctly), and that it's 'simply' a matter of the judge waiting for mowa's letter. According to Imagine's rep, mowa staff has been working hard all weekend, processing files and starting to clear some of the backlog that has been accumulated during the past couple of weeks of system chaos and upheaval; the rep is hopeful that our letter will be written this week yet. I don't know how realistic that is, but my guess is that if mowa deals with files on a chronological basis (according to when families had court dates), and if they keep ploughing through files and writing letters, it may yet happen this week. Apparently, for the past number of days, mowa has been issuing many more than five letters per day. This is all good news for us.
So, after a night's anxiety of waiting for news, it seems like we have a little more waiting to do. But, pending any more obstacles or other shoes to drop, it appears that we're headed in the right direction.