Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Quick Response

I just have a minute before we leave for the day, but while the internet is up I thought I'd respond to a couple of quick questions that came up in the comments:

  • Marie, yes, I'd certainly recommend Afro Land Lodge.  The rooms are clean and spacious, and the staff accommodating and friendly.  The breakfasts are pretty awesome, too...just finished eating a huge crepe with a side of spicy potatoes, and drinking a glass of papaya juice.  Oh, and yeah, the coffee...
  • I forget who asked but re: blogging, I have been able to access blogger directly from here. I did set up my email to be able to post via my email system, but haven't had to do that yet.  What I CAN'T do from here, for some weird reason, is view the front page of my blog, or any other blog.  So I can't preview what I've written, and I can't access other people's blog.  Strange, given that I can access other non-blog sites.  Also, I haven't been able to upload any pictures yet - the picture files are so huge, I guess, that the session ends before the pictures are loaded.  It's too bad, because I'd love to be sharing some pictures with you.
OK, that's it for now.  Hopefully the wi-fi will continue to work tonight, 'cause you know I'm going to be posting again if I can!

On today's agenda:  find places where I can buy traditional clothing and hats, silk scarves and tablecloths, an injera platter, some kids' books and CDs, and on and on.  We also want to see the firewood carriers who carry wood up Intoto mountain, and have a few other sites in mind.  I'm not sure if we'll get to it all, but rest assured...I've got a list!

I can hardly wait until today is over, to be honest, for two reasons: first, I don't like shopping (I know, how's that possible!!??); second, and here's the real reason...because once today's over, it means that tomorrow will arrive...and tomorrow is the day we meet our children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait for tomorrow for you either!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do not like shopping either! but i always get help with that one. i guess ETH has opened up to blogspot, that is a new one! It is great to see your daily report. enjoy yourselves

    sk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ruth, we booked it!! I can't wait till tomorrow's post, i'm so excited how the meeting will go... Thinking about you

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear more about your day! REALLY can't wait to hear more about you meeting your kids tomorro! I am curious to know whether you will take your tape measure out, lol, or will you trace feet on paper. Hee hee. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete