Monday, February 28, 2011

Just Need to Say...

...that three weeks from today is our court date #2.  Oh, I'm hoping...

In the meantime, I'm working on a number of posts about our time in Ethiopia, so please stay tuned.  Many people have commented, sent emails, phoned, or told me in person, that my Ethiopia posts are being welcomed.  One couple (who I didn't even know knew about my blog!) told me recently that they were enjoying the posts so much that they saved them until nighttime, when they sat in bed together and read my blog.  Unbelievable!!  I laughed, both thrilled and somewhat embarrassed...I'm not sure what to do with such compliments, but I really loved hearing that, and the other kind things people have said.  So thank you for all of the feedback...it's extremely encouraging, and I'm so glad to know that the posts are being enjoyed.  It is a place, and it was a time, that is so hard to put words to;  I'm finding the posts somewhat difficult to write and piece together, but I'm loving it at the same time.  I do love to write, and this has been a new foray for me.

I've also felt so personally uplifted by the supportive comments during what is a strange time in my inner life.  I have changed since we went on our journey to Africa.  I don't know exactly what has changed, or how it will impact me or our lives, and something in me is resisting the process of trying to discover more, but I know that something's brewing deep down in here.  I feel muddled (maybe addled is a better word!) and sad and just plain strange these last few weeks, and I have found so much support and encouragement in what people have written or said in response.  A heart-felt thank you from that place in me that is undergoing metamorphosis.

On one other front, I would also like to thank the eight people who have recently signed up to follow my blog.  WOW, is about all I can say.  It, like, totally moves me (did that sound like a teenage girl or what?!).  I am very glad to have every single person here, and am honoured that you'd read anything I have to say.  Thank you!!

The next Ethiopia post is coming up tomorrow...and in the meantime, I wish you all a very good start to the week.

Blessings,

Ruth

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to hear more of your trip Ruth. I often wonder how my soft heart will react to the sights and sounds of Ethiopia. Hope you and Matthew are having a great day! Carolyn from Cornwall

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed all your recent posts, both the Ethiopia ones and the others. Look forward to continuing to read.

    ReplyDelete