Sunday, April 29, 2012

Lizzie's Hair.

Be gentle.  Hair is not my strength, as you will know if you've read my blog for a while.  But I'm trying!  :)  Here's what I put into Lizzie's hair a week ago...it started looking a little shaggy after three or four days, but it lasted for a week with her wearing her sleep cap at night.  It was so nice not to have to worry about her hair for a week...and when I cut the elastics out this morning to wash and re-do her hair, it was less matted and less tangled than usual.

It usually takes me almost an hour to comb through her hair post-washing (it's incredibly thick and very easily matted and tangled); this time it took another hour to get 35-40 little pony tails into it.  But all of those pony tails looked horrible, so I just started grouping them together into bunches to salvage what I could - I was not about to take an hour's work out just because the tiny ponytails looked terrible.  When grouped together, she ended up with five big puffy things.  They're amateurish and all, but Lizzie loved them...so I was happy enough!

Next time I'll skip all of the little pony tails and just try to gather together 4-7 big puffy ones; and I think her hair is almost long enough (she can pull it down to her chin in the front, though you'd never guess it) to divide into two and put into two big pony tails...which she really wants to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment